2.01 "Spec" Script

Posted by Blue McGee under

Okay, so I know I've been kinda AWOL the last couple of weeks. I've been heaps busy with life stuff (don't you have real life?) and getting things sorted out. I've still remained a massive fan of Dollhouse and am astounded how good the last few episodes have been. While the finale had its flaws here and there, overall, it was a genuinely good episode that answers (and raised) some questions.

So... what's this about a season two spec script? Well, after watching the season finale (and the looming decision by FOX to renew or not), I decided to get it over with and write my own Season Two Premier. It's a teleplay (58 pages) in PDF format (so you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader) and is intended to be a shooting script. It's a first draft, but I'm pretty happy with it so far... especially having started and completed it within two days. Anyway, here is the link and an episode summary of it:

2.01 "Faces"
An investigator from the Center is sent to evaluate the LA Dollhouse, after recent events, while Ballard finds a possible lead that may turn up Alpha. He must put his feelings about the Dollhouse (and Caroline) aside when he and Echo are teamed up to pose as FBI partners.

Just click the episode title to open or download the PDF. I'd really love any feedback anyone has to offer. This was the first time I've written these characters and it took me a while to come up with a plot that could follow on from the finale, without it turning into a generic "mission of the week." I also tried to give each character a time to shine... so, anyway! Comments are welcome, whether they're good or bad (but hopefully constructive at the same time).

4 comments:

On June 3, 2009 at 11:11 PM , net28573 said...

THAT WAS AN INCREDIBLE SCRIPT!!! you should share that with joss whedom to see if you can maybe influence the outcome of season two! i am absolutely blown away. it had its errors dont get me wrong but it was extremely impressive! THANK YOU for making that. i havent seen a dollhouse episode in a while and was starving for some more!

 
On June 4, 2009 at 5:35 AM , Blue McGee said...

Hey, thanks heaps.

Once I finished it a re-read it, I noticed a few errors and plot holes. They can be easily fixed but just wanted to get it out there, hopefully entertain a few fans.

Thanks for the feedback.

 
On June 24, 2009 at 4:58 AM , Shan said...

Blue - awesome effort, and dare I say it - inspirational, particularly given the sheer speed at which you put it on the page - a draft in two days?! Really impressed that you got all the characters' voices and reactions down so well.

You better be sending that to your agent (or using it to get an agent if you don't already).

 
On July 11, 2009 at 12:23 PM , Blue McGee said...

Hey, Shan.

Cheers for the comments. I am a pretty quick writer. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's bad! Really glad you liked it. I had a lot of fun writing the characters, but then again, I always fall in love with Whedon's characters.